The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 was enacted to create a more equitable and fair transaction between the seller and the buyer of properties and enhance accountability and transparency in the real estate sector. The Act also seeks to boost investments in the sector. In Tamil Nadu, TNRERA Rules were notified on June 22, 2017. To understand the salient features of the RERA and its implementation in Tamil Nadu, and to hear the builders’ and the government’s perspective of RERA, Citizen’s Voice Club, Coimbatore & Citizen consumer and civic Action Group (CAG), Chennai, are organizing a seminar on June 23, 2018 (Saturday) at Coimbatore, between 9.30 am and 1.00 pm.
Mr.S.S.Selvakumar, Secretary (Projects) from Real Estate Regulation Authority/ Department of Housing and Urban Development, Chennai CREDAI representatives and Consumer Groups' representatives will speak at the seminar.
Agenda for the seminar:
1. Introduction to the topic - Mr.C.M. Jayaraman, President, Citizens Voice Club
2. Keynote address - Mr. A.L. Balachandran, President, Coimbatore District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum
3. RERA and consumers - Mr. S Martin, Advocate, Trichy
4. 1 year of RERA and TNRERA - Ms. S. Saroja, Director, Citizen consumer and civic Action Group
5. Builders’ perspective of RERA – Mr. Surendar Vittal, President, CREDAI, Coimbatore
6. Government’s perspective of RERA – Mr. S.S. Selvakumar, Secretary (Projects) Real Estate Regulation Authority/ Department of Housing and Urban Development
7. Open House-Question /Answer session – by Officials/Participants
8. Vote of Thanks - Mr. V.A.Shanmugham, Secretary, Citizens Voice Club
For further details contact: Savith firstname.lastname@example.org
Vivekalaya Matric Hr. Sec.School
Next to Air India Trichy Rd