The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016, was enacted to create a more equitable and fair transaction between the seller and the buyer of properties and enhance accountability and transparency in the real estate sector. The Act also seeks to boost investments in the sector. In Tamil Nadu, TNRERA Rules were notified on June 22, 2017.
To understand the salient features of the RERA and its implementation in Tamil Nadu, and to hear the builders’ and the government’s perspective of RERA, Erode District Consumer Protection Council, Erode & Citizen consumer and civic Action Group (CAG), Chennai, are organizing a seminar on July 27, 2018 (Friday) at Kongu College of Engineering, Thoppupalayam, Erode, Perundurai, Tamil Nadu - 638060, between 9.30 am and 1.00 pm.
Mr. S. Selvakumar, Secretary (Projects) from Real Estate Regulation Authority/ Department of Housing and Urban Development, Tamil Nadu representatives from Builders’ Association and Consumer Groups' representatives will speak at the seminar.
1. Welcome and Introduction to the topic - President, Erode District Consumer Protection Council
2. Keynote address - Mr. K. Kumarakurubaran, Correspondent and Principal, Kongu Engineering College
3. RERA and Consumers - Mr. R. Balasubramanian, Erode District Consumer Protection Council
4. 1 year of RERA and TNRERA - Ms. S. Saroja, Director, Consumer Protection, Citizen consumer and civic Action Group
5. Builders’ perspective of RERA - Builders’ Association
6. Government’s perspective of RERA - Mr. S. Selvakumar, Secretary (Projects), Real Estate Regulation Authority, Tamil Nadu
7. Open House - Question /Answer session
8. Vote of Thanks - Erode Consumer Protection Council
For further details
Link to the seminar: https://youtu.be/WfsC0NJ0PKo
Event DateFri, Jul 27 2018, 9:30am - 1pm
Kongu College of Engineering, Thoppupalayam