The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016 was enacted to create a more equitable and fair transaction between the seller and the buyer of properties and enhance accountability and transparency in the real estate sector. The Act also seeks to boost investments in the sector. In Tamil Nadu, TNRERA Rules were Notified on June 22, 2017.
To understand the salient features of the RERA and its implementation in Tamil Nadu, and to hear the builders’ and the government’s perspective of RERA, Citizen consumer and civic Action Group (CAG), Chennai and Federation of Consumer Organisations of Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry (FEDCOT), are organizing a seminar on September 25, 2018 (Tuesday) at Tirunelveli, between 3.30 pm and 7.00 pm at St. Xavier's College, Palayankottai, Tirunelveli.
Senior Officials from Real Estate Regulation Authority/ Department of Housing and Urban Development, CREDAI representatives and Consumer Groups' representatives will speak at the seminar.
Tentative agenda for the seminar:
2. Welcome - Mr. Ganapathy Subramanian, FEDCOT
3. Inaugural address - District Collector ( to be confirmed)
4. RERA and consumers - Ms. S. Saroja, Citizen consumer and civic Action Group
5. Builders’ perspective of RERA - Mr. K. Sokkanathan, President, CREDAI - Tirunelveli Chapter
6. Mr. K. Venkatesan, President, Tirunelveli Civil Engineers' Association
6. Government’s perspective of RERA - Mr. S. Selvakumar, Secretary (projects), Real Estate Regulation Authority
7. Open House
8. Vote of Thanks - Mr. S. Muthusamy, FEDCOT
Media coverage of the seminar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2eF8L6k6Gs&feature=youtu.be
Event DateTue, Sep 25 2018, 3:30 - 7pm
St. Xavier's College
St. Xavier's College, Palayankottai