The workshop is being co-hosted by Citizen consumer and civic Action Group (CAG), Chennai, Center for Financial Accountability (CFA), New Delhi, and Public Advocacy Initiatives for Rights and Values in India (PAIRVI), New Delhi.
International Financial Institutions (IFIs) such as the World Bank, Asian Development Bank (ADB), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) etc., have a pervading influence on India’s development. Their policies for financing Indian industries and infrastructure projects and internal policies on environmental and social protection are often opaque and only understood to an extent.
Apart from the above multilateral development banks, another regional bank, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), has entered the picture in 2016. This is seen as a multilateral development bank led by China with India being its 2nd largest shareholder after China. It has a motto of being a “Clean, Lean and Green” bank with a commitment to “invest in sustainable infrastructure projects to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)”. However, not much is understood about AIIB’s financing policies, its commitment to environmental protection and safeguarding rights of citizens.
This one-day event will seek to demystify IFIs and AIIB to enable citizens, CSOs and other stakeholders to get an understanding on the above aspects of the topic.
Venue: Auditorium, Madras School of Social Work (MSSW), 32, Casa Major Road, Egmore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002
Event Timings: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Travel and accommodation:
1. Each participant will be paid a maximum of Rs.600/- for their travel to Chennai. Original train/bus tickets should be produced for reimbursement. For participants coming from districts far away from Chennai, a slight increase in the travel costs will be considered upon prior intimation.
2. Apart from this, each participant will be paid a maximum of Rs.200/- towards local conveyance and a maximum of Rs.200/- to cover breakfast and dinner costs on 2nd June.
3. CAG will pay Rs.100/- per person towards local conveyance for participants from Chennai.
4. Lunch will be arranged at the venue.
5. CAG will take care of the reimbursements to participants at the venue.
6. CAG will arrange accommodation for participants (low cost/dormitory)
We look forward to your esteemed presence in the workshop. There is no registration fee for participating in the workshop and it is open to all. All necessary materials will be provided at the venue.
Please confirm your participation via email to the contact person (details provided below). A tentative workshop agenda with venue details are attached in this invitation.
If you have questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact:
Mobile # +91-9487519325
Mobile # +91-7978532119
Event DateSat, Jun 2 2018, 10am - 6pm
Madras School of Social Work, Auditorium, 32, Casa Major Road, Egmore