New waste management practices bring new challenges to the city of Chennai. This article discusses some of the key challenges and the innovative ways in which the city is tackling them.
News media has a significant role to play in keeping the masses informed, shaping public opinion, setting the public agenda and in turn, enhancing public participation in the decision making process. This study examines the extent and nature of focus that news media extends to the subject of electricity in Tamil Nadu.
In this piece, Armaan RM elaborates how the Zero Waste Team overcame missing roads, wrong door numbers, stares and other challenges while collecting data on commercial entities in Zone 8.
The Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC) released the Plastic Waste Management by-laws in August 2019 to tackle the city’s plastic problem. Let us have a look at what the by-laws bring to Chennai.
The proposed EIA Notification- in its early draft- fails to evolve from the 2006 Notification, and disappointingly, tries to further weaken environmental safeguards imposed on polluting industries.
- Consumer guide to grid-connected rooftop solar - Part 4
- Electric Vehicles - Part 2
- State power demand down over 4% year-on-year in August
- Assets of 21 major electricity thieves sealed by city court
- Consumer Focus - Consumer Grievance Redressal Forum Order
- Australia could produce 200% of energy needs from renewables by 2050, researchers say
- ECC Voice - Know your appliance and their electricity consumption
Final part of a three-part introductory series on the science of geoengineering that is being portrayed as a technological fix to counteract the pernicious effects of climate crisis.
Harish takes a test ride of the “SmartBike” across Anna Nagar to understand how it can address the issue of last-mile connectivity.