Victims of the climate crisis are the ones who are farthest from its causes. We need to demand drastic changes from the top polluters. This edition of St(o)ppwatch brings you news on air pollution, glaciers, net zero pledges and much more!
Let us begin by making small changes to the way we move around our neighbourhood on this World Bicycle Day. Let's start riding our bicycles for short-distance trips like running errands, visiting friends, going to the playground, or even going out to eat. Starting this year, let's make cycling a habit.
A recent CDC government research suggests that #ClimateChange is creating favourable conditions for fungal growth & spread. There has been a recent surge in Candida Auris, a drug-resistant fungal pathogen that preys on individuals with compromised immune systems.
- Energy Conservation Building Code for Residential Buildings (Part-4)
- Role of electricity in the lives of Indian women & girls (Part-3)
- Create online facility to claim compensation: TNERC to Tangedco
- Electric two-wheeler subsidy cut to hurt mass adoption of EVs
- Renewable Energy Is Booming But Must Triple By 2030 To Meet Climate
- Consumer Focus - Electricity Ombudsman Order
The unprecedented growth of our cities over the past decade has increased the number of vehicles, especially private motor vehicles, on our roads. This has had serious, adverse consequences on our roads and society. Tamil Nadu has long been foremost in road crashes and casualties.
Tamil Nadu has made significant strides in renewable energy, with a higher installed capacity than non-renewable energy. However, this progress is yet to be reflected in the state’s electricity mix. This report explores Tamil Nadu’s transition to green energy and assesses public perception of renewable energy sources.